Saturday 26 January 2013

An e-mail that gave me joy!

I received an email from someone I met at a Turnham Green Rd shop last year. He is a drum teacher, often goes to Africa and is a very interesting person. And he said he'd visited and read  my blog! That was nice to hear. Mine has been the first blog he had ever seen. That's an honour! :-)

I don't think Burns' Night celebrated this evening has anything to do with the fact that I was served a huge bowl of  porridge for breakfast. That has been the only celebration of the occasion this time.

Somehow, the second outing was not an option today after a walk in the neighbourhood, doing a few errands and having lunch in an Italian restaurant we thought we knew would be a good choice. Unfortunately, it wasn't. The starters were nice, although slices of mozzarella cheese in my salad were rather soggy, but the main courses and side dishes were a disappointment. We are to blame ourselves, because we order dishes that are not considered Italian specialty, maybe pizza and pasta would satisfy our tastes. Anyway, we thought they wouldn't ruin simple Italian coffee and ordered espresso each. My friend's double was not bad, I was told, but the single one I ordered was simply impossible to drink. Bitter, cold, and the hot milk I asked for arrived lukewarm in a tiny cold metal jug. The service was nice, though. We didn't complain, what's the point? We marked this place as another 'no-go' on our secret map of local eateries.

I'm going to have some mint tea!







No comments:

Post a Comment