Monday 21 January 2013

UK under snow duvet


 The first headline I saw this morning: 'Woman Dies After Collapsing In Snow In Kent' (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/snow-ice-cause-travel-chaos-across-uk-061002472.html#zwoBBnC) brought back sad memories, that's how my grandmother's life ended in what was described as 'the winter of the century' in Poland in 1976. It had been snowing heavily for days, she was going back home from tea at her neighbour's in a house next door and she must have fallen down, maybe she tripped over or something. My uncle found her under the snow many hours later.... I never really wanted to think about her last moments, preferred to believe that she had a heart failure and did suffer there, helpless and alone in the deep deep snow....  And the woman in Kent was only twenty... RIP to them both.

No fresh snow today. Fresh cat's paw-steps;-) across the lawn, to-and-fro.

 Quite a few black birds ( one was not a blackbird for sure) gathered on the shrub by the window taking in the view:

Cautiously I went for a stroll early in the afternoon. It wasn't bad.  I took a few pictures, isn't that most surprising?;-)

This fairy-tale corner building houses houses, among other useful businesses, a little Tesco, the one I had to queue for close to eternity the other day. Today, the timing was much better. Few customers, hardly any queue. I just had to keep a safe distance from the only customer in front of me due to the least appealing fragrances he emitted.











No comments:

Post a Comment