Sunday 20 January 2013

Snow, birds & Kipling's Puck

I braved venturing out today, only because I had a friend by my side. It was snowing more then I had expected, but it didn't feel that cold, to my nice surprise, as I hate being cold (as much as I detest being in the heat). I was really pleased to discover that I could walk rather easily. I took pictures as we were making our way across Haven Green. There was an impressive snowman near the taxi rank and old Polish delicatessen with plenty of hand-written ads in the window (not that I could see them from the path, but they are always there!).



Pigeons gathered orderly pondering over the weather conditions:

When I returned home and looked out of the window, I saw two birds on the fence. Pretty they were, one flew from the bush across the garden and was joined by the other one after a while. They looked relaxed sitting there, the larger one on the left had nice colours, the other was elegantly black; it must have been a blackbird... :-)

This is the exterior tonight:

Having listen to Sam Lee's ballads, I simply had to look up  Rudyard Kipling's stories: 'Puck of Pook's Hill' and enjoyed reading  bits of it. I suppose an English schoolkid had to read them at school so maybe they didn't find it fun. Am I right?
Good night!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment