Thursday 31 January 2013

Anticipation... Tube meowing... Theatre silence

There is a lot to happen today! Let's see if it will!:-)

?????????????????????????

Yes, most of did take place!

The most exciting part of the day was going to the theatre with my dear actress friend Emma to see her friend Tessa in a play that's on at The White Bear Theatre in Kennington.
 I saw both of the actresses in 'The Supper Party' at The Tabard Inn Theatre before Christmas and thought highly of the play and the acting.There was no disappointment this time either. It was quite an expedition across London  in rush hours, but well worth it. Earlier I had thought of visiting Cuming Museum nearby, but couldn't quite fit it in and, frankly, wasn't trying my hardest since I found out the new temporary exhibition opens next week.  When changing trains at Tottenham Court Road, walking through the tunnels between Central and Northern Line, I was puzzled by the meowing resembling that of the cartoon character called Simon's Cat (you can YouTube it, I did!). The thing is that a friend who introduced me to this  feline, likes imitating its meowing so I was not sure whether it was a cat or a human! As the sound was coming from behind me, I slowed down and then the truth got revealed: it was a cat in the trolley. That's the proof:
My above mentioned friend wouldn't fit in this taxi!:-)

Let me go back to tonight performance titled 'A KIND OF SILENCE'. It is an adaptation of a  play by Shelagh Stevenson which tells about the drastic impact of family abuse on its members to leave the audience deeply moved by the power of the evil and the fact that the horror they live in goes on  unnoticed, or rather ignored, for decades. Dear Wikipedia provides some info about the play: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Kinds_of_Silence
I am really glad I had an opportunity to see this play and, like Emma rightly said preparing me for the experience, leaving the performance we were happy to return to our wonderful lives! :-)

The theatre itself is a cosy venue at the back of the pub near Kennington Station. Emma was waiting for me in a little room between the pub and the stage and on entering my eyes just registered some ceiling paintings, but I didn't really have the time to stare. In each corner of the ceiling, I only caught a glimpse of something colourful in the style which made me think of Sarastro or now gone Papageno restaurants in The West End. When we were leaving after the performance, forgoing the drinks with the cast and friends, as Emma was kindly giving me a lift, we stopped so I could take pictures of the said ceiling. Here they are:




My favourite colourful ceiling corner:


There was one more polar bear we encountered on the way and I would like to thank Emma for the lap of honour around Sloane Square in order to get this picture:


Please, if you know anything about this bear, do share with me in the comments below this post!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment