Tuesday 15 January 2013

The true queue and knee camp!

I got caught in a gigantic queue at the little Tesco on the way home. I always try to avoid going there early in the evening, but today it had to be done. The reason for longer than usual queue was simple. There were only two out of three human and one of two 'robot' cashiers serving. Everyone waited patiently, keeping the distance from each other so as not to violate anybody else's personal space; what else was there to do? Last chance to get the essentials before entering the quiet residential area... Let's take the man in front of me: he must  need this bottle of coke, I thought to myself; but then as we moved forward, he picked a packet of Penguin bars. As my turn eventually came, I didn't see if he was also buying anything from the off-licence, getting some cash or just paying for the two items.

Until today, I only caught a glimpse of the queues at the Tesco on the way home or out and I wasn't going to break the habit. Why did I? Because the dinner plan I had failed. Having spent the whole day at the hospital ( I 'set up a camp' at the MRI department waiting for someone not to turn up so I could jump in their place and get my recently troubled knee scanned and I succeeded!) Then, by the time I got the results, saw the doctor and arranged for the next appointment, I got worn out and didn't fancy cooking for one, especially that I didn't have anything to cook I would fancy.

I had a taste for a falafel wrap, no onion and no cucumber followed by a nice Turkish tea in a special small glass on a matching glass saucer. So, instead of taking the taxi home, I hopped, OK, dragged myself on the bus and got off at West Ealing heading for the little place where my friends get this simple and nice food. Unfortunately, they were closing and invited me for... tomorrow. Well... I was hungry then, couldn't wait that long... I walked a bit farther in search of another falafel eatery, tried one place, but didn't find it appealing and altered the plan. There were many inspirations for ethnic cuisine, as you can see:

 


Window shopping, I had to photograph my own motto:


BTW, when I told my well befriended with the iron relative about my almost ironing-free lifestyle, she remarked: 'You are even more American than the Americans.' :-)))

 Some amateur paintings for sale:


The instrument here intrigued me, it made a lovely sound when I pulled a single string:


What a clock!

As I was taking a picture of this retro coat stand, a man approached me and offered to take a picture of me next to it. I refused, as I could see a sales assistant heading towards us. Too tired and hungry I was.


Opulence of the shop window of an Iranian shop distinguishes it from other businesses around :


Bedtime approaching...

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment