Friday 11 January 2013

Far away festival destinations


Today, I woke up for lunch, instead of breakfast, I presume as a result of yesterday's gassing (read yesterday's post). 
 Chewing my food I looked at this slide show reccommended by the contact in... Riyadh:  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/activityandadventure/9792544/Arirang-North-Koreas-synchronised-extravaganza.html?frame=2447932

He was one meal ahead of me, enjoying his lunch. He said, on seeing the comments to the last pictures, that it appears less troublesome to visit the oil kingdom, than to go to North Korea. And, in Saudi they also have a special cultural festival called Janadriyah, and they are happy if you take pictures, and don't confiscate your phone or the long lenses! 

My friend took a few pictures at one of the previous  Janadriyah festivals (2011) and allowed me to add some here:




















:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment