Friday 24 January 2014

Inspirational MCK musings!

Are you one of these people who have many great ideas? I am. Some of them I manage to put into action. However, it's never easy.It depends upon so many factors. Sometimes, I don't even start working on them. Sometimes I do, but have to abandon for various reasons. Quite a few have worked and I am proud of that.

One of many ideas I have is a project of inviting artists to my hometown in Poland, and also, in exchange, bringing the local Polish artists here, to London. I believe it can lead to amazing results: lots of fun, groundbreaking ideas when the people from such different backgrounds gather together.

You see, Skarżysko-Kamienna, like every town and city, and even many villages in Poland, has its own cultural centre. I discovered that the term 'town cultural centre' (literal translation) is ambiguous to the UK people. How best to explain it?  It's a cultural organisation or institution including a building with facilities, and often amenities, that promotes culture in its broad meaning, obviously including the arts.

I wish I had more time to write more about my recent 'brainchild'...

Meanwhile, a link to the information about today's opening of a painting exhibition at The MCK. It shows the works of an amateur painter, Mr Roman Kornacki. He is a fireman who paints in his spare time.


No comments:

Post a Comment