Friday 31 January 2014

Hugs, Death, Borstal Girls

One learns every day...  Ha! If we do not distinguish between the different meanings of the verb 'to learn', we can certainly agree with that!

...

What have I learnt this morning?

Firstly, something nice: It's International Hugging Day, according to the Polish radio!!! Don't you think it's nice?

Secondly, something sad: an eminent Polish actress: Nina Andrycz has died aged 102! RIP to her.

Thirdly, I've heard an interview with Romuald Sadowski, the Director of The Borstal for Girls in Falenica near Warsaw. When studying Pedagogy, in my early twenties, I had an internship in this very institution. Memories, memories... No time to share them here and now... Just one thing: the best haircut I ever had was the one I a girl training to be a hairdresser gave me! These girls, who had made serious mistakes in their young lives, were given a chance to reform and build their lives from anew. If your Polish is sufficient, you may like to read this article about the art therapy at Zaklad Poprawczy dla Dziewczat in Falenica!
...
Friday evening is a peaceful one for me. I was very tired after work and only had the time and inspiration for three pictures:


...


No comments:

Post a Comment