Sunday 26 January 2014

Hand Free Hydration Device!

Yesterday I took a few pictures in Ealing.
The first one shows the new creeping behind the old in Ealing Broadway through road which takes you all the way to Oxford Street if you go east, and to Oxford, should you choose to go right (but it's a longer drive).

Then I ventured to the local art gallery at Pitshanger Manor and looked at the current works on show there. An artist in the small room accompanied her works with little notes containing relevant quotations. I know some of you, Dear Readers, would like to read them...





The major exhibition space showcases works of glass and is also very interesting. I hope a few shared secretly snaps won't do any harm:



Any book enthusiast finds it hard to pass by the Oxfam Bookshop in Ealing Green. Look what I saw in the window:



On my return I encountered a group of cheerful teenagers enjoying a Hands Free Hydration Device! They happily posed for me! Wouldn't it make your day????

My Krakow friend can await another decorative egg to add to her vast and exquisite collection:

Quack! Quack!
...
Today I chose to stay indoors and try to tame the cold. I'm following a sound sounding (Doesn't it sound cute?) advice I sought with a  wonderful Polish pharmacist at the local Superdrug yesterday.
I have just finished my Polish tradition inspired Sunday meal: chicken soup. Correct me, dear compatriots if I'm wrong. A typical Polish lunch (main meal of the day) for many years would consist:
chicken broth with noodles or rice for a starter, pork chop in breadcrumbs with potatoes and salad or/and veggies, and some sort of desert, preferably a piece of homemade cake, and a fruit drink called 'kompot'. My neighbour of many years in Poland, a fantastic, gregarious woman, had the following description of a Polish Sunday: 'Church, white shirt, a tie and chicken soup (broth)'!  



No comments:

Post a Comment