Wednesday 1 January 2014

Welcome to 2014!

Surprisingly early was I up this morning, the very first one of the year 2014! The sun rays haven't yet made their way to the London sky. The thick layer of grey clouds are too much of an obstacle.
Oops, they have just started producing some rain drops...

We entered the New Year along with the friendly crowd at The Questors bar. It was jolly nice. Our outing was under serious threat when I began to develop one of my nasty headaches. However, the prescribed medicines along with a peaceful rest preceded by a gentle massage rescued the situation. We managed to get there before our friends had emptied their first bottle of wine. On the way we encountered a long time not seen friend and he soon joined us at the theatre bar. More if and when I find the time.

How was your special night? Was the Orange Tree Theatre as good as ever, Dear Reader? :-)
...
The clock is about to struck 11 times this evening. I've just read a reply from Dear Reader in the comments below! Thank you for sharing that.
...
We had a great day, despite torrential rain and strong wind. You won't guess who played a major role in making our day so special!

Well... I'm talking about the marvelous staff at The Clifton Hotel in Folkestone who went out of their way to make our late family lunch happen and be a most pleasant and memorable experience.  Not the usual: "We are sorry (actually meaning:\'pleased') to tell you that we are closed" attitude. The chef and waiters stayed behind to serve us. Moreover, the receptionist arranged with the chef to cook an extra dish for a picky member of our party! I have no words to praise each and all of them and the great food they served us!










2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna

    Thank you for mentioning me on your blog – I feel so special now… Yes – I had a great time at Orange Tree Theatre. I saw the play which I had already seen before “Dorothea’s Story” but I cannot stop thinking that it was a bit different then when I saw it for the first time. The atmosphere was really special and I must say I really love this theatre. And “Middlemarch” looks very interesting – I cannot wait to see the two other parts of it.
    I am so glad you had such a great New Year’s Eve. All the best for you and your friends in the New Year.


    “But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.” George Eliot, Middlemarch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristof

    Your feedback is always appreciated. And you know what? You ARE special. I admire you for the way you choose to live your life seeking possibilities to make it more fulfilling and worthwhile.

    I cannot agree with you more that the Orange Tree Theatre is a splendid venue. Seeing a play there is a thought-inspiring and soul-enriching experience. The same I can say about The Questors Theatre in Ealing. I am so glad we can exchange thoughts and share experiences of the vast array of events available here in London and beyond. :-)

    With the newly arrived 2014, let me also wish you and your friends the very very best. Catch happiness in the palms of your hands and treasure it! Feed yourselves to optimism daily! Make the best of it, guys! May stupidity steer clear of our paths!



    ReplyDelete