Tuesday 28 January 2014

Elks and Acton

I need to be quick again. It is getting late for me, especially that I slept very little last night.
Let me begin with the Sunday pictures from my Polish friend who went to (photo) shoot the elks in the deep forest of north east Poland.




Have you known that ' In the Americas, moose injure more people than any other wild mammal and, worldwide, only hippopotamuses injure more.[70] When harassed or startled by people or in the presence of a dog, moose may charge.' Thank you, Wiki!:-) I suppose the same applies to elks. After all, they are the European cousins of the American beasts.

...
Now the turn comes to today's crop of your city dweller. Acton on  a sunny day hosted me this afternoon.
The Ukrainian church is undergoing some major construction or re-construction work and was impossible to talk my way through. Actually, the man in charge didn't need to convince me that it would be plain unwise to go in without protection gear on. The noise coming from the inside was enough. 
 Going to the High Street up the recently discovered footpath, I came across a new obstacle: a fallen tree that had made a mistake to grow out of an old, deteriorating fence:
 Then I headed for Costa Cafe for a cup of my favourite Cortado. It was very nice sitting in the sun by the window and reading The Times. Well, not so nice to read that... It's so sad what happens to old people in the developed countries...
 Energised, I went to explore the Acton Shopping Mall. I don't think I'd ever been there before, believe it or not!

 The sun made it look as pretty as a picture, don't you think?

The next few pictures make a great illustration to the saying I heard many years ago in Chicago. A girl from Philadelphia commented something in this way: 'Different strokes for different folks!'








Do you want to see the south side of Acton High Street?


The other side of the street:
 I bought some veggies and 6 lemons for a pound there!

Here are pictures of St Mary's Church, Acton:














I took a few snaps from the bus going home:





 Could I resist taking these snaps? The tea set would look great in my home back in Poland...

I've come across a picture on a slab like this at a Sheen shop. This one was priced much higher at The Cancer Research shop in Ealing. Maybe, because the patriotic nature of the scene...


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment