Saturday 4 January 2014

Touching giants. A concert in good cause.

While chatting with my Iraqi friends last night I mentioned the book I'm reading at the moment only to find out, that it was the first book my eminent host, Saadi Yousif, translated into Arabic many years ago!

What life experiences have my friends been through having to hurriedly leave their own country... As we were sitting there, sipping beverages and enjoying some food, I was listening to their stories full of dramatic events.

...
Some time ago I added here information about a concert scheduled for tomorrow. You can look up the details clicking here. It would be great if you could make it to this special event. It's in aid of a young girl battling a nasty cancer. See you tomorrow at 7.30 pm at the lovely St Barnabas Church, Pitshanger Lane, Ealing?

St Barnabas Church enjoys a picturesque and idyllic location, worth a visit in itself.  Pitshanger Lane is a shopping street of the area, near the park of the same name and a garden suburb of Brentham Village near the Brent River and not far from a medieval church in Perivale.

These pictures were taken during our walk around Brentham Village in January 2012:









There are many buses from Ealing Broadway that can take you there if you are not a keen walker. I am one, but not yet allowed to cover such a distance, to my greatest regret.
....


No comments:

Post a Comment