Thursday 2 January 2014

Seaside: sunny or stormy...

If I took a picture now, this would be the view out of my window!
...
And if you had been with me on Boxing Day, you would have enjoyed the sun by the sea:



































































 ...
However, had you stayed by the sea with us a day longer, you would have experienced completely different weather conditions. We did! The wind on the cliffs was too fierce to risk being out of the car and near the cliffs.

























We managed to find the place which was a starting point of our long seashore hike east, to Dover. It was on a sunny and warm summer day a few years ago. I do hope my knees will allow me such long walks again. In the winter, the cliff cafe was shut, but a nearby pub gave us a warm welcome!























Not only did we get to Dover, but also made it past the famous stronghold, all the way to the White Cliffs, just before it got completely dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment