Sunday 10 August 2014

Alvar Aalto in Ealing


As it stopped raining heavily, I may pay a visit to the nearby Pitzhanger House and Gallery to see an exhibition on the chief Finnish modernist architect and designer Alvar Aalto, and his contemporary compatriot artist Ola Kolehmainer. I am glad to have a nice exhibition venue on my doorstep. I'm going to miss it when redecoration works start and it will remain closed for a long time.

A cafe will be built overlooking the walled garden. It looks that it may have its own honey for sale as there is a beehive carefully fenced by one of the walls:


There are lots of flowers to boost the production of the golden substance:
...
I did bike to see the exhibition between spells of rain. I saw everything that was on display!



Downstairs:


 






Ceiling at The Breakfast room:

Alvar Aalto minimalist furniture at Sir John Soane's room:


One of splendid ceiling's at the house:

A wild meadow in Walpole Park:

 A view of Pitzhanger House from Walpole Park:

No comments:

Post a Comment