Friday 22 August 2014

Crying for the Arcadia clock

I am deeply saddened by the removal of the old clock on the Arcadia Shopping Centre facade. Having just seen the new one on a local website. I am still recovering from a shock.If this was done to Ealing to preserve its character, whatever next??? Very sad...
....
Lots and lots of times have I seen this through-road in Richmond as a pedestrian or from a bus. Tonight though I was sitting upstairs at The ITSU eatery enjoying the ladmark view from an elevated perspective. Despite tiredness after a busy day, I took my food upstairs hoping in vain to find more comfy seats there. Only high stools attached to the tables, not a single one with a backrest. On the plus side though, the food was nice, the staff very friendly and cheerful and the view pleasant.
I met a young girl with a lot of luggage. She wasn't moving flats, only going to Cornwall  and waiting for her friends. Well, she better be careful, when I went to Cornwall, I twisted my ankle very badly going down the hotel stairs covered in soft carpeting despite wearing walking shoes. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment