Tuesday 12 August 2014

London encounters

Yesterday I met a woman from Iran who has come back to London after 14 years of living in a big city in Canada where her husband has a job. Coming from America, she first stayed in her home country for a couple of months. She didn't feel good there. It was not the same place she remembered from decades ago, I heard. London is the place she likes.
...
A compatriot from a seaside Gdynia surprised me saying he spent summers in my little home town as his grandparents lived there. His father was born and brought up there before finding a job in a shipyard. Isn't it a small world?
...
And a few snaps of today:

Fulham Broadway:



'Treasures' of Wansworth Bridge Road Octavia shop:





Very well behaved and cute doggies waited for their owner to do her shopping!


After as bus journey home and a mezze meal at a Turkish restaurant in West Kensington, I showed my friend an Indian cultural centre housed in a former church. I 're-discovered' it a month ago having seen it for the first time when looking at some flats in the area years ago. The light was not right to photograph the ex-church, but a photo-shoot opportunity presented itself a few steps ahead:

This is how empty shop windows are 'disguised' next to West Kensington Tube Station:


No comments:

Post a Comment