Thursday 21 August 2014

Reenactment man acquainted!

What to do? What to do? Write about a Northfield man whose name is Bronek or about today's encounters?
Let me mention the recent ones:
- A lovely young woman who was born in Cuba, but lived in Costa Rica since she was twelve. There she met her an English volunteer who is now her husband. They live in the UK, he has a job and she is studying visual arts and psychoanalysis. I learnt these things while she was shopping for clothes and ornaments at Octavia, East Sheen.
- An extraordinarily healthy and fit Englishman of 72 called Harry who used to do Jack The Ripper walks and still keeps himself busy doing various reenactments, believe it or not! Our conversation started with my question about the badges in his lapel:
PhotoPhoto

Well, I wish I could report to you at least some the stories I heard from my new extremely eloquent acquaintance!
One badge was from his father who was a military man. BTW, Harry was in the army too, the Air-force if I got it right. You see, working and talking is not always easy, and I am an exception to the rule that says that women are great multi-taskers, mind you!;-)
Harry left with a book which may expand his already rich vocabulary:
Photo

It could be fun to see a reenactment with Harry in it!
...
A few of today's snaps:

a breath of fresh air at the garden centre across the road from Octavia
:Photo

Photo
Photo

This may be frozen Thames in London or Richmond, can you tell?
Photo


A Brownie doll!
Photo

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment