Sunday 3 August 2014

From a desert land

For a change I will add a few pictures my friend shared from his trip from Riyadh to Jeddah:





Here are two of the  Jeddah sculptures:

 
I don't really miss the Middle Eastern heat. Off on my bike now!
 
...
 
Biking was great! I went to Greenford, stopped at the two churches: Holy Cross and Greenford Magna and then got into the 'wilderness' near Northala Hills. Abundance of blackberries made me get off my vehicle. As I was picking the juicy fruit, a father and daughter stopped their bikes near mine. They took out two big boxes and joined in. The chatty little girl told me they come for the fruit to put it on their cereal. Nice! As I'm not really into cereals, I have my blueberries on their own, with plain yoghurt or in a very special and simple soup!
 
In Greenford I stopped to photograph a monument to the men who fought in WW1.
 
 Here I turned right and going past The Motorcycle Museum and Local Heritage Museum headed for the two churches. I visited them many times in the past to have a chat with Reverend Neil Richardson and his wife before he retired and left the old Rectory.


Greenford Magna:

The Holy Cross, Greenford:









Old tombstones in the church graveyard:








 After a long bike ride I stopped attracted by the abundance of fruit. The lunchbox was filled in no time:

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment