Thursday 14 November 2013

Animal Art Fair - pictures.


Sunny again and I have to hurry to work, but let me just add a few pictures from the Animal Art Show curated by Jimmy Polk:
'MY TURN' BY MADDY FARLEY


Madeleine Farley was the first artist whose works I looked at and enjoyed. To my great luck, I could listen to Jamie Polk about her project of travelling alongside three orphaned gorillas transported from a Kent wild animal park to the jungles of Gabon.
The silkscreen prints reminded me of Andy Warhol's iconic works. Not unreasonably. Jimmy told me that the artist commissioned Donald M. Sheridan to produce printed editions!

I have just read more about Maddie's 'Gorilla Project' here.

Several wild animals' heads in pencil and charcoal were facing the gorillas' portraits. Charming, aren't they?


Next I looked at the sculptures:






...
Today I was in Barnes again and met this cute dog in a hand-knitted coat, one of many the owner's sister made for the canine:
A Barnes dog in a coat!

Waiting for the train at Kew Bridge in the morning I noticed lots of wild mushrooms:
Mushrooms at Kew Bridge Station
They were safe from me, keen gatherer, behind the fence, near the rail tracks and probably being of 'you only eat them once' variety. Yes, I am a gatherer, not a hunter. I love looking for wild mushrooms in the forest. Looking for objects and sights to photograph are the city-dweller's activities equivalent of the ones of a countryside gatherer! I suppose shopping would stand for hunting, would you think so? ;-)
...
Let me add a few more pictures: books and scenes from Barnes:
















 This could make my Christmas card for this year:





Barnes Bridge
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment