Friday 22 November 2013

Nonsuch Palace and cross-London drive

Among yesterday's pictures you will find the one that shows Nonsuch Shop in Barnes. The name reminded me of Nonsuch Palace, a splendid residence built by Henry VIII for his only son Edward. The palace didn't survive long, given to Duchess of Cleveland by King Charles I, it was sold by pieces to pay for this royal mistress gambling debts. However, now we can see the model of the imposing building. It was recreated by Ben Taggart.
...
I'd love to see Emma's paintings exhibited at 225 Ken Church St, but will I manage???
....
Sadly, I had no chance to make it to see Emma and other members' of The Tite Street Group works. Going by car, we needed to find the quickest route and steer clear of the Congestion Zone. It's such a pity, but at least I found the Tite Street group website and had a good look at it. As a result, I discovered yet another of Emma's talents: here you can read her poem which brilliantly summarizes the group credo.

And now an avalanche of my Friday pictures:

The blue dome of the Russian Orthodox Church in Chiswick:

The Ark, Hammersmith:

Talgarth Road:
Big Tesco:

World's End:






























The Shard:




Yes, it's London, South London, mind you! ;-)

Still nothing behind the blue fence in Peckham:













Lewisham:

























Night lights of Folkestone main shopping street:

No comments:

Post a Comment