Monday 4 November 2013

November Monday: Sheen, Mortlake and Bank!

Sunny start in Ealing, the second morning headache in a row tamed, lots to do today! May it be a great Monday!
...
And it was a great Monday! The sun stayed with us. The colours were phenomenal. I worked with very nice people today and enjoyed a great company of friends, old and new until late in the evening. I took many pictures of street scenes, nature and artworks including some at The Royal Exchange on the way to a Toastmaster Club meeting near Bank Station.
















































I had a lovely chat with my namesake at a Fara shop in Sheen on the way from work. After we spoke I snapped these two pictures as they remind me of an artwork a treasured friend presented me some years ago.


That was also at Fara:
 Butchers at Sheen have a sense of humour, really. I did go in to thank them for making me laugh a few days ago, on the day when I downloaded pictures and still haven't found them...



These elephant tea-light holders are here for my Trojmiasto friend's mother to see. Greetings from London!



 After a nourishing stop for a panini and best coffee in town at Leonardo's in Sheen I headed for Mortlake Station to get to Bank in the City. The street leading to the station was new to me so I looked around and used the camera when appropriate:

 After The Pig and Whistle Pub, I spotted a Missing Foundation charity shop and its treasures:





 A shop interior:

 Another shop:




 Two snaps of a side street:





At the Waterloo and City Line platform:


On travellator at Bank, heading for Exit 6:









Having seen Hands of God, I happened to enter the gallery which displays works of art in different media. Somehow I failed to photograph another work by the same artist who made the divine hand outside the Royal Exchange. However, I enjoyed a little chat with a dark haired girl. Had we had more time,I could have learnt more about the gallery and the works it exhibits.... But you know what happened? When I saw the sculpture of an old book and learnt that the artist is Spanish and comes or lives in Barcelona, I simply had to tell her a story of our meeting with Gundabuka, an Australian artist we met in Gaudi's city when on holiday...

Enough for now! Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely glorious! Brilliant photographs......I feel privoleged to have been shown the colourful miracles of my amazing home-Town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind words, dear Anonymous! I'm delighted to learn that someone else shares the pleasure of enjoying these sights. Thank you!

      Delete