Tuesday 26 November 2013

Some finds of Askew Rd and Putney

I started with a few items from yesterday, hope you don't mind. :-)

-Here is an Australian musical instrument to be snatched from Octavia in Askew Road. It's called didgeridoo. I have just listened to it  and so can you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEgXAu30yuY

The didgeridoo reminded me of the many visits to The Folk Instruments Museum at the castle in Szydłowiec. It was always fun, but sometimes it would get hilarious. One such occasion was when a friend of mine, a reputable horn blower from Ripon, Yorkshire visited and was encouraged to test an enormous horn on display there. It was so big and heavy that another person had to hold it in order for Alan to give it a good blow! And he did! I had a go as well, but I don't think I managed to produce any sound.

A recipe for stuffed camel amused me so I thought you might want to zoom in and read it...

The shop in the centre is the Macedonian one in Askew Road.



Today it took me two and a half hour to get back from work in Putney and I have no energy to write or do much.



What a T shirt! Does it refer to the English legacy in any way?....

Kate Adie's book in Askew Road. She is the one to have said: 'Brave reporters are dead reporters.'
A few pictures:




The pair of heads should go into the same hands, don't you think so? It would be a loss to separate them...



Here' another pair! I've always liked Peter Rabbit and Mrs Rabbit...
Over ten years ago, during one of the tours I guided we went through the Lake District and were very near Beautrix Potter's house. However, the busy itinerary prevented us from visiting the charming place. At least we saw the miniature house on the bridge. The house, due to its miniature size may bring on associations with the old English nursery rhyme: 'There was an old woman who lived in a shoe...'.
...
On one of the shelves I found a china tea set for two from Chodzież in Poland!

A playful puppy found it hard to sit still. He looks deceitfully pensive here though... ;-)



....
The bus journey was a nightmare. The traffic in Kew was solid... Well, this is London after all...

GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment