Wednesday 13 November 2013

Yousif Naser's Maaloula, Animal Art Fair and a tour of Questors

Gorgeous morning, sunny and bright. However, the grass tells you that there was frost at night. It was chilly and sunny when we were in Maaloula several years ago, and a couple years previous to its terrible ordeal. My painter friend, Yousif Naser visited it many years ago and recently shared with me these paintings of the village where Arameic, the language of Jesus is still in use. Or is it?...


....
It's late so just in a nutshell:
I had a great pleasure to meet an amazing man: Jamie Polk, Managing Director at Animal Art Fair. As a curator, he gave me a personalized tour of the exhibition in Fulham Road this morning and that was absolutely awesome. I saw works of four different artists exhibiting at this small space this week. Pictures soon!
...
It was a day filled with work and pleasure.
At lunchtime I went to the little green enclave by the Moravian Church in Chelsea and had a chat with a lady who worships at this little chapel there. There are services every Sunday at 11 am.
...
After work I dashed to The Questors to attend an 8 pm tour of the theatre which included a free drink at the theatre bar. The tour, led by a many, many years member, Maggie, was both informative and fun. When will I have the time to write more about it?
...
And now I'm ready for some sleep!
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment