Tuesday 26 November 2013

What's the weather like where you are now?

25 cm of snow in the town of Zakopane, the capital of The Polish Tatra Mountains, 80 cm in the nearby mountains! Blue sky and golden leaves in London!

 How is it where you are now? Verglas anywhere?
...
My day was long and unquestionably varied. I took pictures going through Acton on Bus 207. They are not of top notch quality, but still significant enough to find their way here.

Here is the new mini-roundabout in the making.

There would be a picture of the colourful display of lamps if it didn't have to land in the bin (the driver must have accelerated right when I was taking a snap). Well, cannot be helped....

Instead you can see a truly cold-resistant Briton. Well, I've long determined they must have different cold resistance operational levels. Training or genes? one would ponder... I'd bet on training (please refer to one of my earlier posts this month, the one that features a little child with bare feet carried by the mother). And as to betting itself, my visiting foreign friend pointed out this evening that other distinguishing quality of the islanders: betting on almost everything.


Do I need to translate this shop name?
 I must agree, the one below is not a great picture, but still, it shows the W3 Gallery which has been on my 'must visit list' since I met a Polish lady, architect who belongs to this group of Acton artist. We met at the launch of a book about the soldiers-artists in General Anders' Army during WWII and she told me about the gallery.

Acton, like the whole London is a big melting pot, look here at a Japanese letting agency next to a Chinese Medical Centre.

I failed to capture Acton Mosque, but here is a church and a few pictures down, a Pentecostal place.











Here are a few pictures of my walk from the bus stop:







Second time I had a coffee at the Balcan place in Askew Rd and later I returned there to have a 'burek' - Macedonian pastry with feta and spinach filling.




Metho has told me a lot about his country, Macedonia, and their church here in England. Their priest comes to London once a month.






 


It's really got too late to write any more, but I had a smashing great evening with my Middle-Eastern friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment