Wednesday 21 November 2012

Mushrooms on doorstep / Better to be healthy and wealthy!

On Monday I added pictures of some bright orange mushrooms in the street I live and today I snapped them again to document they had grown in these two days! 



That disproves an old belief that once you've seen a mushroom, it stops growing. I heard that as a child. However, maybe it only applies to the edible variety??? ;-)  Last year I spotted some other kind of mushroom on the grass outside some multi-flat building in a street near Windsor Road in Ealing. Some oak trees grew there and edible mushroom like their company a lot. I did take pictures, maybe one day I will 'unearth' them and add here.  Would you like me to do so, dear reader?

Now let me continue my 'limb story':

Little progress with my knee. This morning I collected the referral from the surgery, phoned the ultrasound department as requested and was told that to arrange an urgent appointment, only the doctor could call them and speed up the action.... Moreover, it had to be the doctor who wasn't in until the afternoon, not any GP at the practice. I left the surgery assured that the doctor would make this call and also would call me. That was around 11.30 am.

3.30 pm  Just been called by the 'yesterday' GP (the right one) who said he spoke to the ultrasound scan person and they would contact me, but it wouldn't be today and may not be tomorrow…Hence, I keep calling them; always engaged.  I think I'll go there and camp, they close at 5 pm so not long, and  I won't get hungry after my lunch!;-) I'll need to take a taxi, I can't afford to cause more damage to the knee. It looks worse today.


Not going there, talked to the woman, just got through; must go and fax the referral to them as they didn't get it from the surgery; neither yesterday nor today!!!!!! Need to get the referral faxed asap! Off I rush! 

I'm back. I had checked I got the fax number correctly, but when a woman at the nearby estate agent was trying to fax it, she got HM Revenue! I left the document with the woman as she promised to find the number on the Internet and fax it, and let me know when/if it gets through. Calling  the scan place now.  Counting to ten and back…

Progress: I just heard from the kind faxing woman that the referral got through!!! I phoned to check if it arrived, but I must wait till after 9 am tomorrow to find out!


What an exciting day!



No comments:

Post a Comment