Thursday 15 November 2012

In the City of Four Cultures


Today a less welcome and premature start! First, my son was getting ready to work, doing his best to keep quiet, dear him... I hadn't yet managed to  fall asleep again when somebody next door just got up and turned on some horrible music with a very strong drum beat that made me pretty upset. Far too early for me...Well.... I hoped they would go out soon.

They did, I fiddled with the computer, and then finally fell asleep again and... another late start for me...

I had my late breakfast with two young people at a shared kitchen. They were both getting ready to work. One is training to be a welder on top of working very long hours at a warehouse, the girl is on a lookout for a better paid job as she can hardly make ends meet working at a cosmetic factory, Olay, I think.

Just uploaded some of the pictures from my hike yesterday in Łódź ( http://www.poland.travel/en-us/cities/lodz-city-of-creative-energy/ ). No time to write about everything, especially the jolly chats with the people met: a woman at the newsagent's where I bought a public transport ticket, people at shops, service points and art galleries. I am really grateful for all these lovely encounters! There will surely be more! :-)

Still sunny! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment