Thursday 29 November 2012

Clear blue sky and this crispiness of the winter air this morning. Out of curiosity, over the morning coffee, I checked out The British Museum websiteand my eyes fell upon this: http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/themes/money/communicating_through_coins.aspx. Then I clicked on 'Money' and discovered tonnes more about money: http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/themes/money.aspx  I'd love my brother see this exhibition with me. On the one hand, the British are often condemned for taking away these treasures and artifacts from where they belong, but on the other, often owing to that, they survived and are now accessible for vast numbers to see, admire, ponder and learn about the legacy of humankind. What do you think?

It's tea time and I'm back home, ready for a nice hot cuppa. Abu Jabal it will be, from the Saudi Arabia provisions. I do like it, I must say. Right, I've tea and now having strong coffee in my favourite blue Denby cup. It should re-energise me!


From this morning I shall remember a Portuguese man with his mother from Lisbon who bought three beautiful art books, one on oriental carpet patterns, the other on Portuguese art around the world and the third one on a Spanish visual artist whose name escaped me. I took a picture of one page from the artist's album.

Actually, the first nice encounter of the day was with a lady I know who is celebrating her 74th birthday today and is most comfortable about her age. She is energetic, fit and carefree, went on a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela earlier this year and I've never heard her winging.

There were many other nice people crossing paths with me and a friend I met for lunch told me her art dealer boss has a painting by Gustave Courbet exhibited in Paris right now. This led me to an interesting article: htttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/3620948/Courbets-gypsies-march-again.html

And, I must not fail to mention the friendly canine encounters:

Snow White got persuaded to sit for the portrait by his Serbian owners:

The lady hidden behind this newspaper 'boy' didn't mind my taking a picture and nor did he!
 Now we can see who takes away our jobs! ;-)))


London's current climate is illustrated by the two pictures of trees taken on the way home from Chelsea to Earl's Court:
Little Black Gallery
 Hollywood Road blossom

When the sun is going down....

 Road sign, incognito:
I've always been telling new guests to look for the school sign on the way to visit me and one day recently I noticed it wasn't there. What happened? Did they close down this little school round the corner? No, I looked closely another time and noticed that now it faces the houses' fronts, not the traffic.

I must save this link to get back to: http://eveonalimb.com/journey-on-a-limb/

Good night! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment