Monday 5 November 2012

On Guy Fawkes Day

'Remember, remember the fifth of November...' More noise to expect tonight... Gosh, I'm soooo sleeeepy this morning...

Here are pictures to illustrate the advance of autumn, the same group of trees as a week ago:


Later I caught  sight of the pink cloud through the window:


The day has gone by and I'm sleepy again.... As predicted, there were fireworks and all, but I only heard them from the cosines of my sofa! :-) If I were in Lewes, surely I wouldn't have stayed in. That's the place to be on Bonfire Night! But, is it? I've just seen this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-20204988. Well, no regrets, I'm glad I'm home. It's enough to have occasional sore eyes from too much computer work, don't need to be blinded by some ' bird-scaring explosives (that) were being modified and used as fireworks'!

Should somebody ask me about the best moment this Monday, I'd tell them without hesitation: 'It was when I opened a letter which read that I am actually owed a sum of 1 pound and 16 pence by the electricity provider. That  means they will give me a discount off the next statement!' :-) More news like that, please! BTW, I meant daytime only here!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment