Friday 23 November 2012

City walkabout

The sky looks as if somebody left the window blind half way down. I'll show you later as I'm taking my friends on a little exploration of London, prescribed painkillers to numb the knee discomfort ready in my bag.

A friend invited me to join him when showing his foreign guests around London. After they visited The Wax Figure Museum, I met them and took to The City of London. We strolled along Bishopsgate and popped in St Botholp's Church where they were shock at the sight of a decently clad man reading a newspaper. Sorry, you cannot see that sight, I focused on the ceiling! :-)
 Old and new peacefully coexist in The City. The guests were surprised that there is so much buliding work going on and that there are so many changes made to this historic area. They imagined it to be left intact, like a kind of an open air museum...





 OK, we made a small diversion, to St Katherine's Docks and ate at Dicken's Inn too tired to go back to the scary pub of an encouraging name: Hang Drawned and Quartered.



 Dickens Inn - far right:
 View from the restaurant:

 Bus 15 took us to St Paul's. We peered in.
 Here we walked all the way to catch the tube at The Temple Station.
 We arrived at the V&A very ready for the Friday chamber music preceeded by hot beverages at the atmospheric Morris Room.

Listening to the music, I was looking at the items on display.








 A  few snaps on the way to the tube home:





Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment