Thursday 8 November 2012

Thursday

Incredible sky this morning! First I saw it all grey, soon the blue prevailed and, as I'm finishing my breakfast, it's back to grey with only a few promising gaps revealing the sky.



Passing by the former Commonwealth Centre, I asked a man by the gate what they were doing to it and was told they are just making it better and bigger, adding some extensions on the sides to create some residential space. This is what it looked like this afternoon:
 Obviously, the hole dug here, by the pavement, was part of the works.It revealed the roots of the tree by the street.
 I looked back and got a snapshot of the trunk:
 And here is most of the tree as we normally see, when there are no excavation works below it:

 As I entered Holland Park, I took another picture of the Institute getting a revamp:


No comments:

Post a Comment