Thursday 1 November 2012

Entering November

All Saints' Day..  RIP to all those on the other side... We are all heading there, into the unknown,  so let's make the best of each day! :-)

As currently I've been upon self-imposed house arrest fighting the nasty cold, I am sharing a few topical pictures from the last year hike when I took a friend to this atmospheric Ealing spot: St Mary's, Perivale:



Concerts in the settings of this little old church are a truly spiritual experience and how enchanting the surroundings are:





 Graveyard mushrooms, I wouldn't pick one like this one even if I saw it in the forest, not near the graves....
 May not be as poisonous as the ones snapped earlier on Hanger Hill, but I don't really know.

 As to mushrooms, I respect common wisdom: 'If in doubt, leave it out!' and "All mushrooms are edible, but some only once!'.


Slightly changing the topic, I've come across recent news from Riyadh. This morning some people may have just departed this world when a lorry carrying LPG hit a brigde which was too low...  http://www.elsahefa.com/01/11/2012/21152 So sad...

In Saudi Arabia you cannot tell who is buried where, I've seen it...  No tombstones, nothing, death makes everyone equal and a pauper may be buried next to a king, you won't know... It's so different there... But I guess, they must find it equally weird here.. Can we choose where 'a stork will drop us'? And once we landed, we just carry on as everyone around does. However, nowadays we seem to have more choices unless we follow the flock...

No comments:

Post a Comment