Monday 26 November 2012

Walpole Park on a rainy day!


I've taken multitude of pictures in the picturesque Walpole Park in Ealing. It may be to do with a quotation from William Blake, the one to be seen on his tomb in St Paul's Crypt. These are the result of my today's walk home  in the hope that I'd find a monkey puzzle tree cone to snap for my dear friend who's keen on trees.
 No luck, like on every previous occasion in the recent two or three years. However, I got this nice picture of a nearby tree with a black bird on its branch.



 One of the two ponds in the park.

 Dramatic skyline looking towards Pitshanger House and Gallery fronted by these imposing trees

The hedge lines the area by the second pond:

Sir John Soane's former summer retreat through the trees by the pond. He was such a remarkable man.
 The pond nearer to the house, as seen from the little ornamental mock footbridge.


One of the immense cedar trees carefully looked after by the park management:
















Let me add a few more of today's snapshots:
 Warncliffe Viaduct, Brunel's first major work for the railway
 The Brent River







 These shoes reminded me of some street mimes in Covent Garden yesterday:
 On the way home, I spotted two parakeets on on apple tree, having first heard them. They flew away too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment