Sunday 18 November 2012

Via 'Woodge' back to London

My fear of fog was unnecessary. It was sunny and clear all day and my evening flight departed and landed on time and in the right place! Here a a few snaps from the drive to the airport in  Łódź:

Immediately outside my auntie's door I came across these mushroom, probably of the variety you can only eat once...



Auntie's garden ready for the winter:


The other of my auntie's planted these pines in the place that once was my grandpa's cornfield. I remember walking past it with my father on a warm and sunny day when I was ten and we had to cover the last leg of the journey on foot. My grandfather built the house in the distance for his family. He was a devoted farmer.



 Except for the South  and the leftover hills of the ancient Holy Cross Mountains, Poland is rather flat:

The moo-cow was quite friendly:

 Original number plates on this unforgettable Polish small Fiat:


 Better roads are being built:

A few days back I saw these chimneys through the window:

'Manufactura' is a big and modern shopping and recreation centre that replaced disused textile complex owned by Poznanskis family:

 Poznanskis' residence is now a museum. We went to a cafe there for a coffee and a homemade apple pie or cheesecake: No cakes that day, which was a good thing, healthwise and waistline-wise.;-) The cafe has a great Art Nouveau deco and there is a painted wall saved from one on the townhouses and restored. Please   see for pictures: http://www.kateringpalacowy.pl/retro.php.

No more pictures, the phone battery went flat. Anyway, pictures wouldn't reflect my anxiety before the return journey: 'What can go wrong with Mr Ryan this time?'




No comments:

Post a Comment