Saturday 13 July 2013

A nearby abbey and a walk round the block

Another Saturday has come. The first interaction with the outside world was a long call from a befriended Cistercian brother. We had lots to catch up on, as we hadn't spoken for a very long time. He is too busy to get acquainted with the IT, and until quite recently the brothers were not allowed to come near the computer or the Internet, I gathered. Although 'the ban' has been lifted, there is no time in the busy days of monastic life, apparently.
The Cistercian Abbey in question is in Wachock, a short drive from Skarzysko. Here is the website: link. One day I might write more about Wachock, the abbey and people there. And about many bike rides to Wachock that I took in the past, with or without friends.


....
Surely these are not the pictures of the abbey. It's a club called Zwiazkowiec in Skarzysko, but originally it used to be a cinema and look like that: link.  You can go dancing there or just have a drink.

Passing by a house I saw a dog resting peacefully atop the pile of wood. The moment I stopped to take a picture it jumped onto its four and started barking. The photo captured it.
Then I saw a man mowing a lawn outside his house. He told me he liked his house tidy and that I should see the lawn in his garden. It was like The National Stadium. He likes when the grass is evenly cut, resembling the hairdo of... the late Edward Gierek.

Tuning festival in Kielce, next weekend:








Here is a black cat feasting in the grass, right of the door.

And that's the feast for humans: yeast buns with fresh blueberry filling baked by my friend from school!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment