Sunday 14 July 2013

What a sky! Bór - forest revisited!

At the moment, the sun is shining nicely, but who knows what's next. Such a day!

Today I made lunch for two. A simple summer dish, my own invention, as usual.
What was in it?
cooked buckwheat, cold
lots of rucola
chopped ham or other cold meat
gherkins cut into small cubes
roasted sunflower seeds ( could be pumpkin)
chopped dark raisins
fresh lemon juice
zesty mayo (I think Majonez Kielecki is best) or virgin olive oil to combine the ingredients

You need to cook and cool the buckwheat, wash the lettuce, chop the ham and gherkins and then combine all the ingredients. Easy peasy! Enjoy! We did!:-)
...
I've just heard on the radio, somebody has found a wild mushroom commonly known as  penny bun that weighed over one kilogram. It's  hat was 30 cm in diameter! The man said he almost tripped over it. It would be great to go on a mushroom hunt!:-)
...
Meanwhile, in Bolkow the Gothic rock Castle Party is on...
...
This afternoon we went to our favourite forest on the western outskirts of Skarzysko called Bór. It was great to walk among the trees, get to the river and find the little spring looked after.














The two mushrooms I spotted were not of edible variety, probably the kind you only eat once...



It's amazing how the weather changed since the morning:



Towards the end of the day it got sunny and warm.

Good night!

5 comments:

  1. Abracadabra,
    Your link to my favourite independent Polish festival doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for telling me. Let me check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should work now. Please let me know.:-)

      Delete
    2. beautiful pics, thx :)

      Delete
    3. So glad someone said there they liked them! Thank you! I love that place!

      Delete