Wednesday 10 July 2013

What about Skarzysko Koscielne?

Hello! The third day of treatment for me! I wonder if anybody managed to go through all the pictures I added in my yesterday post! Mind you, they went through a selection process and it's only a chunk of the lot.  The afternoon sun is marvelous for picture taking with my phone camera. It makes everything look beautiful!:-)
...
Today, after the physio, my bike took me to... Skarzysko-Koscielne, which is yet older than Kamienna, not to mention Skarzysko-Kamienna! The village church dates back to the 17th century, whereas the local authorities premises were built recently.

















I thought I might pay a visit to the newly open private museum there, but the intense roadworks got in the way. Instead, we can look at the pictures from the opening which took place in May.

BTW, there is another little private museum in Blizyn, west of Skarzysko... It has a website and if you follow this link and scroll down, in the last two pictures you will see a weaving rabbit and a cat on Mallorca. :-)

On the way to and from Skarzysko Koscielne, I stopped by at a Skarzysko branch of  Civitas Christiana to see a friend. It is a nice place which gives space to people with diabilities, musicians, artists and others.
The back garden looks very inviting. If you like the wooden bird table, you can order a similar one from a disabled amateur craftsman there:
Spot Pinocchio below:
What's over the fence?
 Or maybe it's not Pinocchio, actually...

My bike is hiding behind the wild cherry tree:


I entered the building through the back door having arrived through the gate. The space inside is used for climbing. It looks funky:







I was shown the photographs that will feature in the upcoming exhibition. Some of them show the bands that have played there.




 Skarzysko painter, Ryszard Rosinski's works are instantly recognisable, I have always thought.

 However, this winter townscape was also painted by Mr Rosinski:

 'Crow Guitars' is someone or a few people who make excellent guitars, I learnt from my host. The studio is on the outskirts of Skarzysko, in Lipowe Pole, if I remember well. 

 It was good to see the friend and all the good work there.
...
Biking back I stopped to enter the Holiest Heart of Jesus Church and admire the stained glass windows behind the altar as it looked amazing with the low sun  illuminating it. I only took pictures from the entrance door, as there were people gathering for a service:









 Leaving the church, I snapped the monument which I described in the yesterday post:
Talking about monuments, here is another one captured today. It commemorates the people from Skarzysko Koscielne murdered by the Nazi Germans during WWII:

There is something I thought I'd mention. Maybe I'm wrong, but when I look at the war monuments in Poland and in some other countries, it cannot escape me.  In Poland there are monuments or commemorative stones etc. to those who lost their lives defending their land, or just because they were Poles, whereas in those other countries there are many monuments and statues commemorating those who went to conquer and defeat other lands....
;;;;
I had to shoot this house. It reminded me of childhood, when I played with my brother building a ranch with our "Wild West" wooden blocks kit .


 Can you see the red roof building in the background? That's Juliusz Slowacki School, popularly referred to as Erbel, from the name of its headmaster of many years, Mr Jozef Erbel (link in Polish).


n the past you could take a shortcut to the marketplace. I entered the school ground following someone, because I wanted to take some pictures. The school and its surrounds have changed a lot. I was happily taking pictures of Juliusz Slowacki's bust facing the main entrance and of the sculptures on the lawn, when a security guard approached me and told me off. However, he accepted my explanation and apology and I could now legally continue my happy activity.


















  
 Students who lived too far to commute to school daily could stay in this building during the week. It's probably long abandoned.

 In Skarzysko Koscielne:



Congratulations to those of you who managed to get through all of today's pictures. As my friend commented on my blog: interesting, but at the same time mundane. Just like life, isn't it?
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment