Thursday 25 July 2013

Friday in Skarzysko: 'Na miare'!

Friday has started and my bedtime is seriously missed. Good night! :-)
...
It's after 5 pm and extremely hot. I am behind with my writing about Krakow and cannot catch up with it at the moment.  I met a friend for a coffee at a place called, well, it escaped me just now. Everybody refers to it as 'Pierogarnia' ('Dumplingery' ;-) ) by 'Hermes' Shopping Centre. You can guess what their specialty is. Yes, indeed! Pierogi! Polish-style dumplings! Today the seasonal ones with fresh blueberries were most popular. The place has a long history and it is nice to see it upgraded and popular. Behind the counter was dear Pan Artur, the second generation of the owners, now bringing up his own children. Well, it will be a bit embarrassing to show him my humble blog with such unprofessional pictures. He is a qualified and experienced photographer after all. I already mentioned to him about the blog in our chat, after I was treated to a coffee! Yes, it was on the house! Then, my dear friend paid for the water we drank as well when she went to pay for her blueberry pierogi (dumplings) to take away (or 'to go' as some English language users prefer to say; you know who I mean? ). That way I didn't spend a penny at this place. Beware, dear learners of English! It's ambiguous to say 'spend a penny'. Why? The expression can be used as a euphemism meaning 'to go to the toilet'.
...
Hurrah! I got the name of the restaurant. It's 'Na miarę' ('To measure')!
...
Poland is bracing up for scorching heat... Up to 36 degrees Celsius is expected at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment