Saturday 20 July 2013

Summer Saturday

Let's see what this Saturday will bring!

In the meantime, a strange occurrence in my abode. Any guesses as to what it might be?

.....
I came across an inspiring life story of an early English photographer who went to work and live in America. His name was Ernest Brown.
...
Another discovery of the day (for me) is an article on the life of Captain Pilot Ryszard Zygmuntowicz, unfortunately it is in Polish. There are also war time photos of him.
I am pleased to notice that the situation regarding lack of information about the Skarzysko born heroic pilot has changed owing to several actions. His biography was popularised in a special publication, along those of other eminent Skarzyskoans: the 'Skarzyski Słownik Biograficzny' (Skarzysko Biographical Dictionary), edited by my former colleague, historian and headmaster: Krzysztof Zemeła.  The other Krzysztof, Mr Szczygieł, told me about a unique commemorative event to celebrate the hero. It was a happening organised on the 30th of March 2012, seventy years after the flight Captain Zygmuntowicz wrote about in his diary.


No comments:

Post a Comment