Sunday 14 July 2013

Skarzysko publications and a new bike path around Rejow Lake!

Good morning on a mid-July Monday! I haven't told you I have an interesting acquisition. It's a collection of publications and music on and from Skarzysko that I received from the manager of the Cultural Centre last week. I've skimmed through the materials so far and enjoyed the book on the history of Skarzysko: "Skarzysko-Kamienna Panorama Dziejów Miasta".
...
In hope that the rain would stop, I set off on a bike ride around Rejow Lake after the physio. Indeed, the weather was gradually improving towards the evening.
I took plenty of pictures and I am going to add plenty of them here, because I think the lake and forest scenes are a pleasure for the eyes and a great relaxation. Besides, for me, it was a new experience. For the first time I biked along the newly built trail encircling the lake.

Let me begin with a picture taken outside the surgery, when it was beginning to rain again.

 At Zachodnie I stopped to take pictures of the millinery window:



 My next stop was in Staffa Street to photograph the monument to the local people who lost their life defending their land during WWII.


 Here I snapped a fountain in Rejow, opposite the entrance to The Rejow Recreation Centre:

I couldn't fail to photograph the bust of Stanislaw Staszic 
 If you like, you can read about The Old-Polish Industrial Region here to learn about the metallurgical plants along The Kamienna River. If you look behind the statue of Stanislaw Staszic, you will see the remains of a blast furnace  and a picture explaining how it worked.

 A visit to the nearby Muzeum Orła Białego (White Eagle Museum0 won't be complete without taking a close look at the Staszic's furnace.
 I've been to our museum countless number of times, taking friends and relations there and spending there  lots of time with my little son fascinated by all the vehicles and other military accessories accumulated in the large outdoor exhibition. A year ago I went there with a friend, talented photographer and we saw a temporary exhibition on the events that led to the collapse of the Soviet- influenced system in Poland.

I biked along the lake through the recreation centre and stopped to photograph the remains of the benches that would witness many rowing competitions taking place in Rejow.



...
Last night I had huge difficulty adding pictures here, so finally I gave up. No time now, but I promise to get back to that. So many fantastic pictures of the forest and lake, a few of mushrooms and plants, and an amazing encounter with a.... happy  Muslim family by the lake!
Besides, I need to mention meeting a local artist drawing sketches for the painting of the wooden bell tower by St Joseph Church and a very sour sauerkraut soup!
...
























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment