Tuesday 2 July 2013

Sunny and warm in Poland!


Kapela ze Wsi Warszawa (Warsaw Village Band) is playing for me, a reminder of the trip to Kazimierz last Saturday. Good energy in their version of folk music!
...
During my afternoon walk I heard some choral singing from the nearby church. I went towards the church and saw people gathering for the anniversary celebrations.  On the 2nd of July 2005 the Skarzysko copy of the Holy Mother of Sharp Gate in Vilnius, Lithuania, painting was crowned. In Catholicism, crowning a painting is a symbolic way of honoring the saint it depicts. Most often it is a picture of The Holy Virgin.


I couldn't stay there long or my friends would knock on the door and I wouldn't be in. That wouldn't be nice.

Only a few pictures enriched my vast collection today.



 I saw a big FOR SALE sign on the fence surrounding this garden. There are many more around.




However, our man in The Middle East has just sent some pictures from a huge construction site.They might find their way to the blog soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment