Saturday 6 July 2013

Summer in Skarżysko!

On Monday I'm starting a two-week physiotherapy which means my return to London has to be postponed yet again. So, welcome to sunny Skarzysko-Kamienna!:-)
...
A friend sent me a link for a Daily Telegraph article  about too many boars in Poland. The last time I saw these beasts was from a bike in the forest north of Skarzysko a few years ago. A group of them were feasting on some acorns in the distance and I decided not to stop and watch them.  Another time. I was with my students on an excursion to Krakow. We were walking through the forest called Las Wolski to climb Pilsudski's Mound when we saw a big boar running through the forest. To our great luck, the wild pig was the least keen to meet us and soon disappeared. Another time we were taking a stroll in the forest after a meal at a nice restaurant called The Cafetin, on the edge of the forest descending from Baranowska Mountain towards Suchedniow. Suddenly we heard strange noises. They wouldn't be caused by a hare hopping about, nor by a graceful roe. Then we saw the big shape in the thick bushes ahead of us. No picture taking took place. We returned to the car. I'd think, the boars have left that forest since, as in the meantime a new road bypassing The Cafetin was built and, sadly, the good restaurant closed down.
...
A few pictures from Skarzysko today:



Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment