Friday 18 April 2014

A dog with Parkinson's disease

Here is the English sky towards the end of the day as the first of my commute home buses was heading for the Royal Town of Richmond:




When and were was this pretty box made? Who and where bought it? Where was it displayed? What was kept in it? Will we ever know?
 When things land in a charity shop, they often make me think about their 'history'.  Sometimes I manage to ask a donor about it. This was the case with a couple who brought a lot of nice things to one of the shops. They parted with the unwanted, but not cheap souvenirs and gifts. It made me think how different we are. I tend to keep things of sentimental value that aren't worth much in monetary terms.
...
Heading for the bus stop having left work, I made a small detour to see the church in the distance by the side street. It didn't come out good in the picture. At least the semi-detached houses beside it may be looked at:



And here is the cute feline scene in the window:

Richmond centre was again on my route:






Kew Bridge underneath the bus; river on both sides, as well as under the bridge:

The Thames near The Watermans Centre:

You can see (or if not, do believe me) Kew Palace still peering through the quickly growing leaves on the trees by The Thames.

The last leg of my commute home, along Haven Green in Ealing Broadway:





Today I met a very old dog. He was shaking all over. Parkinson's disease doesn't only creep on humans... A friendly and playful mutt he was, regardless of his age and poor health. he gave his owner many years of true and faithful friendship.

And having listened to my friend's new cat's purring on the phone I can wish you a good night! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment