Sunday 6 April 2014

Intelligentsia.

According to a flyer I picked at The POSK last week, this Sunday a special commemorative ceremony is held by the Katyń Memorial at Gunnersbury Cemetery, West London. Thousands of Polish officers, policemen, doctors, lawyers, teachers, engineers and the like were killed by shot in the head by the Soviets. They buried them in mass graves in the forests of  Katyń, Kharkow and Miednoye. For decades the Soviets blamed the crime on The Nazi Germans. That's how the massacre was interpreted when I went to school, before the Perestroika... Well, it is victors who write history...
This text will tell you about another monument to those killed for being members of the Polish intelligentsia. (You may like to consult Wikipedia regarding the term 'Intelligentsia', I found it quite an interesting read.)

...
This is my newly befriended dog:

Photo

Haven Green looks pretty even on a rainy day...

 From the top deck of Bus E1 I captured a Polish shop in Hanwell, I think. This bus follows a serpent's route...;-)

For my friends in Poland I photographed a block of flats. We have so many of them there.

A school on the way to Greenford:

 A good selection of bread at a Turkish shop in Greenford.

Lincoln in London???


Our Omega 3-rich dinner is getting ready:

I am rather pleased with this picture of a lamp shade!

 A gift my friend received on his visit to Baghdad recently:
 To see the only known nearly complete example of The Code of Hammurabi, you need to go to The Louvre...

Here is an artist at work:


The feast is about to begin!





I simply couldn't resist taking pictures of Boxer again and again...



Do you like these two pictures by Yousif Naser? I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment