Tuesday 15 April 2014

Ealing White House on a sunny day

Sunny but chilly I found it today.
How could these people not feel the cold exercising 'alfresco'  on the grass in Kew?
When the afternoon was turning into evening I was more than glad to have a warm cap and gloves in my backpack. However, many people here are dressed as if it was summer at its best!

In East Sheen I took a picture of the High Street Polish grocer's. What are you making of 'Sheen Polish' at first glance? ;-)


The local butcher with a sense of humor has come up with this lad:
















This afternoon I biked to The White House to meet Ewa, the owner's assistant. I am so happy I have finally overcome the fear of biking on the wrong side of the road. That was much quicker and nicer than a walk. Ewa didn't even blink when she saw my 'vehicle'. So different from the ones that arrive at this address. I entered the park. The sun made the house look even more splendid:





 This bronze sculpture was found in a sort of a junk shop in North London. It was grubby and rusty all over. Prince Zylinski's employees would spend long hours cleaning it little by little when not busy with their useual tasks at work. He would ask them: 'Please clean the maiden' and they knew what to do.
Then she was covered in gold layer at a special workshop which Ewa told me gave her an impression of moving back in time by five or six centuries. Imagine the place, its smells and noises...



Biking back home I made a slight detour and stopped by St Peter's Church.


Later I got to the little park to catch the spectacular tree in bloom:
 Not but once have I looked up what this tree is called and I would need to do so again to be able to tell you... Maybe you could tell me?:-)



 Yes, you are right, I have no clue what this plant is called.

No comments:

Post a Comment