Thursday 3 April 2014

Seize the day!

De Morgan Centre and Wandsworth Museum may be visited by me, myself, yours truly ;-) on my my special day. It's only a few stops away from my work destination of today!
....
Yes! I did visit the two places! They are fantastic!!!!

I wish I had the time to write more about them. The thing is they are not on the main tourist trail. However, this makes them exquisite. Both permanent exhibitions and temporary ones are well worth a visit.





















My visit to De Morgan Centre started with... 'MEN IN PANTS'! It's a current exhibition of drawings and sketches by Evelyn De Morgan, a ground-breaking and eminent 19th century female painter. She dared depict naked male bodies and that was rather unthinkable for Victorians.


Permanent exhibition was a feast for the eyes and mind owing to so many colourful paintings by Evelyn  and ceramics, mostly tiles by her husband, William in combination with an excellent exhibition guide.






At the museum cafe there are still more things to see and a collection of books for sale is highly commendable!




However, it was time to finish my cultural musing. Soon I was on the bus taking me to work in Sheen. 




Walking between Sheen shops I stopped to capture this pub hare:

At the other Sheen shop:



Two buses took me home. But my phone charger didn't get back with me. I collected it the next day. Hence only now I'm adding pictures illustrating my special day!


No comments:

Post a Comment