Thursday 24 April 2014

Who was this man?

Looks like I may emerge on a bike today! So far the weather looks promising.
...
I've looked up the artist mentioned here yesterday: C Stanley Todd and learnt some revelations about his work and art. This wildlife painter inspired by some other artist (some sources use the word obsessed... )  designed a label for The Famous Grouse, one of Scottish whisky brands.
...
Loads to say about today, but no time to elaborate.
The bike was in use today after a necessary visit to a bike shop to get some air pumped into the back tire. After a long time I made my way to the pretty area of Brentham Village and Pitshanger Lane. The highlight was a spontaneously arranged meeting with the two men behind one book (the book to be launched at The W3 Gallery in Acton tomorrow at 6 pm!)

Pictures in chronological order:

Ealing Green

Benedictine Abbey

Best vehicles in this part of Ealing


A robin (no hood)

Brentham Village notice board


Brentham Sports Club





Yousif and Salah plus  my hand with flowers just picked for me by Salah (twenty years in Paris made him very French)!


Two artists in the park setting


...
In the evening I went to a fantastic Buddhist meeting in lovely Chiswick. Met a friend on the way, stopped for a long chat and then managed to choose the longer route which wasn't a bad thing at all. Why? Because I can share with you some more nice pictures, especially of a Russian Orthodox church and a friendly cat.
The meeting was truly amazing, so uplifting and inspiring. Besides, this time it was very artistic: a girl played the guitar and sang a song for us.
It felt so good to see these fantastic people after a while and to have this sense of being welcome. Also, I was most impressed and happy for them, because I could tell they were all moving forward with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment