Sunday 13 April 2014

Palm Sunday

I still owe you a report from an exhibition opening in Folkestone! Bear with me! It will eventually arrive in the Friday post as today is already Sunday... However, as it is late, I may have to get back to it another time.
...
 Nobody yet seems to have spotted the elephants in one of yesterday's pictures. Better luck with an Ealing Common tortoise? There are also enormous acorns and mini-cats to look for today!
...
This sunny Sunday is called Palm Sunday by Christians. Polish Catholics go to church with a symbolic 'palm' made with various twigs and flowers. You could see them today walking past the Polish church in Windsor Road Ealing. They were sold from a stall by a friendly scout from the local Polish group.


This white building in Grange Road houses a Montessori school nowadays. 

The gate indicates that there used to be a synagogue in this spot:

'What is more beautiful than tall trees!', exclaimed a Polish poet, Leopold Staff many decades ago. This verse rings in my ears whenever I see a tree like this one in Grange Road, Ealing:



My friend has a funny anecdote about the so called 'mouse beer', maybe he will share it with us one day?

This is how Sunday roast was served at Charlotte's Place in Ealing today:

I chose sea trout fillet after a pleasant French waitress assured me that it had no bones.



At the gym tonight I heard a woman talk about Aries and some powerful energy which may bring some bad results due to the Full Moon this Tuesday. Being Aries, I asked her about it later, but when she found out I am not familiar with these matters, she cut the conversation short by saying that if I knew nothing about these things, it didn't need to worry me. I agree! However, out of curiosity I consulted Mr Google and here is what I found:
'Tuesday, April 15: Total lunar eclipse, 2:42 a.m. CDT (7:42 a.m. Greenwich time). The Sun in Aries will sit exactly opposite the Moon, which will be full in Libra. Between these two, the Earth will line up exactly to create a total eclipse, in which Earth's shadow completely obscures the Moon. A full Moon always brings an opportunity for illumination: in this case, watch for insights about your relationships (Libra) as well as your drive and personal identity (Aries). Because this will be a lunar eclipse, be alert to what must be released and left in the past (the Moon, which governs memory) so you can break through to new beginnings (Aries).'

Good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment