Saturday 15 June 2013

Antoniszak before biking! Skarżysko 'moto-heart' fest!

If I were in Krakow, I'd dash to see this exhibition:

Antonisz: Technology for Me Is a Form of Art - only till June, 16th

  ( http://www.muzeum.krakow.pl/Wystawa.585.0.html?&cHash=13ee1a9a9dc7b26b20df3433f858eac9&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=26&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=5427&L=1). It must be fascinating to get an insight to the life and work of the animator, composer and inventor. For those of you who won't follow the link, I'm pasting in this bit:
'(...) Over the years, he worked on perfecting the art of cameraless filmmaking (including the first completely cameraless film: The sun. A film without a camera, 1977). Starting in 1981, he created the Polish Cameraless Chronicles, modelled on the Polish Film Chronicles: an animated series of reports wittily commenting on the realities of communist Poland, which won many awards (..)'  '
 and that one:
'The notes, sketches and designs accumulated by Julian Antonisz over the years in his ‘ideactionaries’ paint the picture of a man who in every area of life, even the most banal, found inspiration to create. '

Here are Antoniszak's notes in the book: 'How to Perfect Yourself':
http://www.muzeum.krakow.pl/Wystawa.585.0.html?&cHash=13ee1a9a9dc7b26b20df3433f858eac9&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=26&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=5427&L=1#.
I'd beeter learn how to add links in a less barbaric way... Instructions welcome!
Now, I watched this one-minute plus film on 'How Antoniszak was making the world'. You may like to see it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4_zUK_1Ow
:-)

Through the Krakow Muzeum Narodowe site I ventured here:
http://www.przetworydesign.com/en/2012/12/11/nagrody-%E2%80%9Eprzetwor-roku%E2%80%9C-przyznane/. I liked the funny animal chair: http://www.przetworydesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/przetwor-roku-2012-miszka.png !


The 'biko-freight-train' is fun too:

;;;
After an early lunch with an old family friend, I'm soon off and onto my bike! Hurrah!
:-)
;;;;
The bike ride was really nice and courtesy of my neighbours I didn't need to carry the bike up and down the stairs.
In the street and square behind The Town Cultural Centre, I encountered a motor bike fest called MOTSERCE (MOTORHEART)! That was the source of intense noises!
I'm sharing some pictures from the event which seemed to be a success with the black leather clad bikers as well as others, not to mention the generation next! Volunteer blood collection is the purpose of this action, I gathered.




 I noticed many people with proper cameras. Kids were taking pictures with a mobile phone, which is what I do... ;-)




 I completely forgot to go onto the pavement shown here and see what was on offer there:




 From an old friend who approached me I learnt that the monument to the famous Polish poet, Leopold Staff that looked like Lenin and many people thought it indeed was the third of the Communist Trio, apparently, was taken to the museum in Kozłowka near Lublin in the east of Poland. The museum has a huge collection of unwanted statues and monuments from the Soviet influence era of the Polish history.


White Eagle Museum stand at Motoserce, 15.06.2013




Remains of the flood in Tysiąclecia Street, Skarżysko














 The fest is still on. I gathered there is "KASA CHORYCH',  a well known Polish blues  band playing tonight. There is live music on most of the time there today. It's a slight disadvantage to live nearby if you are not this kind of music fan... But I am back home, balcony open wide and enjoying strawberries as the sun goes down.:-)

I wonder if the bird sitting on the aerial is the one that hatched on the roof above this spring.

Another messy link, but you won't regret clicking on it:
http://www.echodnia.eu/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=ED&Date=20130607&Category=KULTURA09&ArtNo=607009976&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=2 - one of the sculptures to see at an exhibition of works by Lubomir Tomaszewski currently in Kielce.

No comments:

Post a Comment