Tuesday 25 June 2013

Town Cultural Centre and forest drive in pictures

No breakfast, no brain power!

A blood test is always stressful for me and today was no different.

On arrival I paid for it upfront, got a one-zloty (20 pence) discount, put the change in my purse, made sure the results would be ready for tomorrow, grabbed the backpack, said thank you and was heading for the exit. The nurse stopped me: 'Is that all?' Sure it wasn't and I returned so 'the fun' could start. It was fine, it usually is, but I still dread these awful moments when for some reason my veins disappear and the nurse keeps digging the needle in my arm, even on the side of the wrist or top of my hand. Nasty, I can tell you. Anyway, the job was neatly done this time.

I walked out to encounter the other nurse's family with an adorably cute four-month mini-Yorkie, a noisy one. We chatted while I was unchaining my bike and the puppy was barking like mad (as it does all the time, I gathered).

 Then, the blood taking nurse emerged and politely asked me if I could check my purse, because she looked in the drawer and there was no banknote I paid with, and no change I was given.What a kerfuffle! On top of everything else, I nearly left richer than I was on arrival!

This is what happens when I forgo breakfast!
;;;
With an ice pack on my knee, as ordered by the doc, I'm downloading and adding here some pics. The ones of the Sunday drive with my son may be of interest to you, Dear Readers:















Waiting for the pictures to arrive above, I dug out an amazing document: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8OpuLTwfwo&list=PLxX9Bdilnp1LD3-KiUa-DQEHzAUS_I93W&index=18 It is a film showing Skarzysko as of 1976, made to the order of the town official, recently found and digitalised by the Town Cultural Centre staff. A skillful local musician, Pawel Poros, made the background music that nicely compliments the pictures. I'm going to enjoy the whole film when I find the time. But now I have things to do!
Let's make the best of the day, shall we?
....

My day was really good indeed! And I even avoided death when a ceiling lamp fell down and shattered moments after my bike was put in a different place and just before I came back to it.

So much more to say about my day, a great encounter, nice biking; but I do need to finish now.

No comments:

Post a Comment