Friday 14 June 2013

Trespasser removed! Łazienki. Sunset...



Summer is getting closer and so is wildlife.... This morning I saw an insect (shown below) on my armchair and used a jar to first capture and then release the unwelcome visitor through the balcony. If I'm not mistaken, bugs like this one can be met in the forest , probably in a garden as well. I've come across them when picking blueberries or blackberries. You don't want to pick the ones that the creature sat on. It has an off-putting smell.

Morning shadows

Who came through the window?
The insect must be somewhere there, provided it had a safe landing (but I'm not that bothered, should you care to know):

...
The Fifth Women's Congress has opened in Poland and among other guests, Princess of Saudi Arabia has arrived. I wonder if there are any pictures of the event available. It would be interesting to see what Her Highness is wearing. In The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia every woman has to wear a long black gown, cover her hair and should cover the face as well. It's not a must for a foreign woman. When I was preparing for the trip, I borrowed an abaya from a friend and donned it when the plane was reaching Riyadh, like other women aboard. How hot it was when you went out of the air-conditioned airport building! The next day we went to the tailor's to get the abaya made to measure. I may have already written about it in an earlier post and one day I will dig out and add relevant pictures. In the meantime, I've found a picture documenting the princess' visit to The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity ( http://en.wosp.org.pl/) and found out that she does a lot for charity herself:
http://www.wosp.org.pl/fundacja/aktualnosci/ksiezna_w_fundacji .
Yesterday, Her Highness visited a beautiful park in Warsaw called Lazienki. She was accompanied by the Prime Minister's wife, Mrs Tusk. The last time I went there was when I was showing this place to my dearest English friend.  I took pictures then with my previous mobile phone camera. Here is a selection:

































Isn't Lazienki Park a gorgeous place for a day out?
....
How great it was to hop on my bike again! I collected it from the usual service point. This time, after the winter, the rear tire needed changing and, as always, Tomek made sure I can ride my vehicle safely. My friend who runs it is always busy. The crutches returned home separately in another friend's car who works near the bike shop and lives nearby. Her son has just brought them to my place, bless him. I was truly surprised that he is finding it hard to find a flat to rent in Skarżysko. I'd think it's contrary, but there you are...

Before the sun went down, a friend from school years popped in with her little Yorkie sporting a new haircut and allowed me to take a few snaps of her pet:

Not long after they left, another spectacular sunset could be indulged from my 'crow's nest'. Just behold:

First, the last sun rays hit the indoors:
 I looked back:
 Came closer:
 Looked again:
 And again:

All I wanted was to preserve and share these special moments. There was something spectacular in the air. It was like some magic entered my room. People (including myself, of course) often admire sunsets by the sea, in the mountains or other holiday locations and here, this evening, I had all the beauty here, in my room, entering it right through my window!


 The beauty and warmth of the light that filled the room made me want to dance! And although I love it, I haven't dance for a long time.
 The sun was descending behind the trees on the horizon and I kept snapping pictures so as not to miss anything of the spectacle directed by nature:




And now the sun is shining somewhere else....

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment